Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A new quilt...

It seems like forever since the last time I blogged. I have been busy with the kids this week. My youngest daughter turned 1 on Feb. 13th! I just can't believe it! They grow so fast! We just had a small party to celebrate. Nothing fancy but now my other girls keep asking when their party is. I'm talking like everyday. They make me banana's but I sure do love them!
    
 Anyway, Ive been wanting to make a quilt for my Dad for some time now. I new it had to be blue and manly looking. Picking the fabric was easy now what to do with that fabric that hasn't been so easy. I finally decided to go with stars. I made this big star block for the center. It's about 23 inches.



I've made a few 10 inch blocks but I'm not sure how I'm going to use them yet.



I have know idea how this is going to turn out. I'm starting to wish I had followed a pattern. I'm sure I'll think of something. I hope!

Here's a little pic of my baby girl!





Well that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great week!





4 comments:

  1. I love these fabrics and the different blocks. I think it looks great when there are different block sizes in a quilt, makes it so much more interesting. Can't wait to see what you come up with:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics are great and the star is so awesome. Love how you're putting it together. My little boy just turned 1 in Dec. They sure do grow up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Erica,

    Your little girl is beautiful - she looks so happy.

    I love the fabrics you have chosen for your dad's quilt, and the stars designs will be really effective however you end up arranging them.

    Love from England,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful baby, and beautiful blocks! Those stars would look fantastic "scattered" throughout the quilt top, even with the large star on a corner!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete